Thursday, July 23, 2009

Playing Well Requires Practice

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Toffler

Click the link above to see the original tweet!

This quote came to me by way of Twitter. It makes me think about the power of social networking as well as the power of quotes. The content of this quote is yet another definition of of what it means to be literate in the twenty-first century.

I have certainly been doing my share of learning, unlearning, and relearning in the course of making this portfolio. Take for example my "playing" with voicethread.com. One can't just use a new tool well on the first try. It takes practice, which comes with pitfalls. I'll just pick myself up, brush myself off, and start all over again.

It's important to understand a digital tool as a teacher if I expect my students to understand what to do. Projects become unwieldy when unexplored ahead of time.

Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment